Saturday, February 9, 2008

Laura's Thoughts on Prince Caspian

My thoughts are not as well organized as Thom's, but here goes.

I do believe that there is religions symbolism in the book. How can you not? I especially like the notion that Aslan guides the characters rather than telling them what to do.

I am not sure why people were caught off guard by the fight regarding the White Witch. It is an interesting observation, however. Why is it the people are always surprised that trouble ensues when evil is mentioned? Somehow people think you can be involved in bad things without negative consequences.

Finally, I think my favorite character in this book was Edmund. I like the way he struggles to make amends for his role in Lion, Witch and Wardrobe. Of course, I too love Peter.

No comments: